Congratulations on being a homeowner!
Here's a list of 6 often forgotten tasks to keep you on top of your homeownership.
1. Save for Rainy Days. Unexpected problems like appliances breaking down can be costly. Create a rainy day home emergency fund of 1% to 3% of your homes initial price per year.
2. Form an Inspection Habit. Make an annual habit of inspecting your home. Check your basement, attic, insulation, and roof. You can hire a professional home inspector to make your annual home inspection. Give us a call for a vetted referral.
3. Get to Know Your Appliances. Know the age of your appliances and machines to estimate when they should be replaced. Having a heads up can help with the process of saving up.
4. Reap the Benefits of Tax Credits. As a homeowner, you should be aware of certain home-related tax incentives to take advantage of the; like the installation of solar panels or having Energy Star appliances in your home.
5. Start Keeping Records. Did you know that caulking your bathtub boosts your home’s resale value? Every improvement or repair you make on your home does as well. Keep tabs and file all documents concerning your home improvement and repairs
6. Boost Insurance Coverage. Most standard home insurance coverage plans don’t normally include flood, earthquake and fire protection. Take a good look at your insurance policy and check for any relevant gaps and make adjustments.
CYNTHIA PALMER | Vanguard Properties | SAN FRANCISCO & WINE COUNTRY | Realtor DRE# 01445659 | Dedicated to You!
#homegoals #homeowner #firsttimehomebuyer #cynthiapalmer #vanguardproperties #sanfrancisco #homesforsale #topproducer #listingagent #homesellers #dreamhome #househunting #buyersagent #homebuyers #winecountry #napa #sonoma #luxury #condo #vineyard #homesweethome #dedicatedtoyou